Tate Branch Artesia
Job Title: Accounting Assistant
Reports to: Controller
Position Information: The Accounting Assistant is responsible for accounts payable and accounts receivable and assisting the Controller with other accounting functions. Must present a professional appearance.
- Reconcile invoices with receiving documents and/or verify approval of invoices prior to payment.
- Pay miscellaneous invoices.
- Print checks for payment.
- Attach checks to invoices and forward to Controller for approval.
- Post receivable checks to accounts.
- Reconcile multiple accounts.
- Maintain various Excel worksheets.
- Process daily bank deposits.
- Make journal entries appropriate to daily sales.
- Maintain change in petty cash box (stock with adequate change).
- Complete all training as directed by supervisor.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in Employee Handbook.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Education: High school diploma or the equivalent and some accounting/finance college courses.
Experience: At least one year of general office and accounting/finance experience.
Special Skills: Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information quickly. General math skills. Ability to use personal computer applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Frequently works on a computer or other “close vision” tasks. Finger and hand dexterity required to operate a cash register and handle cash. Occasionally requires the ability to lift 20 pounds of material.
THE ABOVE DECLARATIONS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN “ALL-INCLUSIVE” LIST OF THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB DESCRIBED OR OF THE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB. RATHER, THEY ARE INTENDED ONLY TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.
Signature (Employee) Date
Signature (Supervisor) Date